Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum General discussions about the crcns data sharing activity and website How to use bz_LoadBinary to get frame amplitudes and frame durations from a Neuroscope file?

How to use bz_LoadBinary to get frame amplitudes and frame durations from a Neuroscope file?

Up to General discussions about the crcns data sharing activity and website

How to use bz_LoadBinary to get frame amplitudes and frame durations from a Neuroscope file?

Posted by Zuha Yousuf at February 09. 2020

Hi, I'm a little new to using the Buzsaki lab code, and some of their functions are not making complete sense to me. Can anybody explain what bz_LoadBinary is used for? And also how I can use it to extract video frame data from my Neuroscope .dat file?

Re: How to use bz_LoadBinary to get frame amplitudes and frame durations from a Neuroscope file?

Posted by Jeff Teeters at November 05. 2021
I think the bz_LoadBinary is used to load binary data (in .dat) files into matlab and the video files (.mpg extension) are in a video file format and the frames would need to be extracted by applications that can open or process video files.  There is probably some function in matlab that can load the video file frames into matlab.

btw, this question should have been posted to the "Using datasets" forum.