Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets [hc-16] File name identification

[hc-16] File name identification

Up to Using data sets

[hc-16] File name identification

Posted by Ze Henrique Targino at June 12. 2018

Hello all, 

first I thank you for the data. Reusable databases are precious for the development of my work.

I wonder what is encoded in the files name. For example:

1. M36_041415_blackbox-cl123115-fix.0spks
  2. M36_041415_blackbox-cl123115-fix.P9C1Rm

They mean mouse #36, date of experiment 14th of April 2015 was recorded in a black box and then...

cl123115?

fix?

0? spks?

P9? C1? Rm?

Where can I find the spike sorting cluster identification?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [hc-16] File name identification

Posted by Zoe Talbot at June 21. 2018

I am glad someone is finding use in the dataset!

Regarding portion of file stating "cl123115"  (or any filename with cl#...##) 

This means that the file uses clustering completed on stated date (in this case December 31 2015). You may find that there are other files with the portion "M36_041415_blackbox-", but with different cluster dates. This means that there is another cluster cutting done to the file. 

Regarding portion of file stating "fix"

An in house issue that was resolved, had to do with linking the animal tracking data to the time series. 

Regarding portion of file stating "0 spks"

For any recording the zero spike file is the garbage file, all signals that were not isolated and clustered are here.

Regarding portion of file stating "P9C1Rm"

P =  probe#

A probe in this case is an electrode on a tetrode, this is how we keep track of which single unit is which. 

C = cluster#

Rm = Room

Rm means the recording is in the orientation of the Room. The other possible orientation is the arena (Ar). In this case, having two animal tracking orientations is only relevant when the animal was recorded on a rotating arena. Because then there are two possible locations to track. In the case of the blackbox recording, the "Rm" notation is just a part of the lingo of the lab.

Regarding the question, "Where can I find the spike sorting cluster identification?"

Every file has a filename label with P#C#, this is the sorting identification.