Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets Th 1: getting *.ang files from *.pos files?

Th 1: getting *.ang files from *.pos files?

Up to Using data sets

Th 1: getting *.ang files from *.pos files?

Posted by Nabiul Islam at July 26. 2017

Hi everyone,

1. Could anyone please let me know how to generate angular values from the position file given in particular session?  Just want to check data in *.ang  that was really generated from *.pos file, since the data in *.pos file are position values for the the two leds? 

2. In the zip of angular files are three types of files: 1. *.ang  2. *MD-filt.ang, and 3. *HD-filt.ang. Can you please explain description of three files and how are the files are related?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Nabiul Islam

Re: Th 1: getting *.ang files from *.pos files?

Posted by Adrien Peyrache at August 29. 2017

Dear Nabiul,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

1. The angular values are generated from the pos files by using an invert tangent function. However, the relative position of the blue and red LEDs were not always the same across animals, so the angular values in the .ang files were shifted so that 0 rad always correspond to the right direction (along the x-axis).

2. I don't see MD-filt and HD-filt files in AngFiles.tar, can you give me an example?

Hope this will help.

Best,

Adrien

Posted by Nabiul Islam at September 28. 2017

Dear Adrien,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not responding for your reply in first place. 

Actually I got the answer using trial methods before your reply. What I omitted is to subtract the value of invert tangent function with pi. Frankly speaking, I got the entire files (as you know downloading whole database from this website takes lot of time and space) from a colleague where MD-filt and HD-filt files were present. Now I am informed with which file is actually angular file to work with. 

Now I am facing another problem: is a cell with an Id identified in particular session (for a particular animal) same with a cell with same id in another session. For example, is a cell with cluster# 2 in session 'Mouse-12-120806' for animal ID 'Mouse-12' same with a cell with cluster# 2 in another session 'Mouse-12-120807' for the same animal?

Thank you for the time.

Kind regards,

Nabiul Islam 

Posted by Adrien Peyrache at September 29. 2017

Glad  to hear that you sorted all out.

Regarding cell clusters: absolutely not! Electrodes were moved after each recording session (except from Mouse24,25,28 in the thalamus, once good HD cells were observed electrodes were left in place, only the electrode in the post-subiculum was moved; however, cell IDs are totally unrelated form one session to the next.)

Best,

Adrien

Posted by Nabiul Islam at October 02. 2017

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the reply and the answer.

Regards,

Nabiul Islam

Previously Adrien Peyrache wrote:

Glad  to hear that you sorted all out.

Regarding cell clusters: absolutely not! Electrodes were moved after each recording session (except from Mouse24,25,28 in the thalamus, once good HD cells were observed electrodes were left in place, only the electrode in the post-subiculum was moved; however, cell IDs are totally unrelated form one session to the next.)

Best,

Adrien