Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets hc-2: Sampling rate of LED positions

hc-2: Sampling rate of LED positions

Up to Using data sets

hc-2: Sampling rate of LED positions

Posted by Johannes Zirkelbach at January 15. 2016

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the rate at which the two LED positions of the hc-2 data set (in the *.whl files) are sampled:

- In the data description it says: 39.06 Hz

- In the supplementary material of the related publication (http://www.cell.com/cms/attachment/602520/4755694/mmc1.pdf) it says: "For tracking the position of the animal,two small light-emitting diodes (10-15 cm separation) mounted above the headstage were recorded by a digital video camera and sampled at 30 Hz"

Does anybody know, what the actual rate is?

Thanks! Johannes

Re: hc-2: Sampling rate of LED positions

Posted by Kenji Mizuseki at January 19. 2016

Hi Johannes,

Thanks a lot for your interest in our data sets.

The sampling rate of the digital video camera was 30Hz. We extracted the positions of LEDs from the video movie, synchronized the video movie and electrophysiological data (.eeg file), and generated .whl files by interpolate the LEDs positions at 1/32 of the sampling rate of the .eeg file.

In most cases, the sampling rate of .eeg files was 1250Hz, therefore the sampling rate of the .whl files was 1250/32 = 39.625 Hz.

Thanks.

Kenji Mizuseki

Previously Johannes Zirkelbach wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the rate at which the two LED positions of the hc-2 data set (in the *.whl files) are sampled:

- In the data description it says: 39.06 Hz

- In the supplementary material of the related publication (http://www.cell.com/cms/attachment/602520/4755694/mmc1.pdf) it says: "For tracking the position of the animal,two small light-emitting diodes (10-15 cm separation) mounted above the headstage were recorded by a digital video camera and sampled at 30 Hz"

Does anybody know, what the actual rate is?

Thanks! Johannes

Posted by Kenji Mizuseki at January 19. 2016

I meant 39.0625Hz. Thanks. kenji

Posted by Johannes Zirkelbach at January 20. 2016

Alright, I see!

Thanks for your answer!

Johannes

Posted by Azar Ghahari at January 25. 2024

I am trying to work with hc-2 data, and I have a question about the time/location. I need to plot the location of the rat at each time step, but the time we have is the spike time. I need to assign a time step to the .whl file and match it with the spike time. thank you for your help!