Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets Questions about the depth of channels(recording sites on each shank)

Questions about the depth of channels(recording sites on each shank)

Up to Using data sets

Questions about the depth of channels(recording sites on each shank)

Posted by s jalal sajjadi at October 20. 2015

Hello

I will be very pleased if you can help me

1. I have downloaded the data set "ec016.963” .In this set have been used from 12 shanks. Related to my study I need to know the depth of each channels(recording sites) from the tip of its shank and also the distance between these 12 shanks from each other.I could not find any related files here.

2.  In .xml file for example for shank 1 only there are 3 channels that I think these are the only intact channels because “crcns-hc2-data-description.pdf” described that bad channels were removed. It is necessary for me to know the position and the depth of these intact channels in its shank (for example they can be the first, 4th, 8th channel).  Is the channel “0” the nearest channel to the tip of shank? Or they can be without any priority and these are the only intact channels that have been sorted in tandem?

Thank you in advance

S jalal

Re: Questions about the depth of channels(recording sites on each shank)

Posted by Kenji Mizuseki at November 15. 2015

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your interest in our data set. Since I haven't been working on this data set for more than two years, I'm afraid that I have to say that I cannot recall every single details right now, but I hope the following explanation might help.

For the depth profile of CA1 channels, please download crcns-hc3-channelorder.zip and take a look at CorrectChaOrderCA1.m file. As you mentioned, bad channels were removed. CorrectChaOrderCA1.m tells you the positions of the intact (recorded) channels in each shank.

Distance between shanks from the same probe was 200 micrometer.

The channel with the smallest channel ID # in each shank is closest to the tip of the shank (but please double check with visual inspection...)

Thanks.

Kenji