Data sets and requirements
NWB data sets
The following are the sample data sets which are the primary use cases for the development of the common data format.
- Rat hippocampus from György Buzsáki lab, NYU (CRCNS hc-3 data set)
- Cat primary visual cortex, contributed by Tim Blanche of the Allen Institute (CRCNS pvc-3 data set)
- Mouse slice electrophysiology contributed by the Allen Institute (CRCNS pvc-6 data set)
- Mouse in vitro optical imaging of visual cortex contributed by the Allen Institute (CRCNS pvc-7 data set)
- Electrophysiological recordings from rat barrel cortex; from Karel Svoboda lab, Janelia Farm. (CRCNS alm-1 data set)
- Calcium imaging of rat somatosensory cortex; from Karel Svoboda lab, Janelia Farm. (CRCNS ssc-1 data set)
- Retina, from Markus Meister Lab at Caltech (CRCNS ret-1 data set)
This page will be updated to reference additional data sets and requirements as they are compiled.
Documents with additional information
Document nwb_hackathon1.pdf (click the name to download) contains:
- Summary of data sets and analysis goals for each data set
- Data format requirements
- Data format candidates
- Potential evaluation criteria
Document Requirements for storing neurophysiology data (pdf, click to open) describes the requirements for storing neurophysiology data and metadata. It was developed by the Electrophysiology Task Force of the INCF Program on Standards for Data Sharing for the purpose of helping to develop a standard for storing neurophysiology data. More information about the INCF Task Force is here.