Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets AC-2

AC-2

Up to Using data sets

AC-2

Posted by Cesare Magri at February 11. 2015
I have one question regarding AC-2 before trying downloading the dataset: will I be able to find any spike in response to the auditory stimuli or have only PSP been recorded

?

Best

Cesare

Re: AC-2

Posted by Mike DeWeese at February 13. 2015

Hi Cesare,

Thanks for your interest in these data.  As described in the Methods section of DeWeese & Zador, J Neurophy 2004, I included QX-314, an intracellular sodium channel blocker, in the internal solution of my patch electrode for all recordings that didn't involve TTX application to the surface of the cortex (TTX, or tetrodotoxin, is an extracellular sodium channel blocker).  So one way or the other, I was pharmacologically preventing spiking in these neurons, though you might find a few spikes across the data set.  I hope this is helpful!

Mike

[email protected]

Re: AC-2

Posted by Cesare Magri at June 10. 2015

Hi Mike,

do you also have data including whole spikes? If yes would you be willing to share them in the database?

Thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful data.

Best Regards,

Cesare

Previously Mike DeWeese wrote:

Hi Cesare,

Thanks for your interest in these data.  As described in the Methods section of DeWeese & Zador, J Neurophy 2004, I included QX-314, an intracellular sodium channel blocker, in the internal solution of my patch electrode for all recordings that didn't involve TTX application to the surface of the cortex (TTX, or tetrodotoxin, is an extracellular sodium channel blocker).  So one way or the other, I was pharmacologically preventing spiking in these neurons, though you might find a few spikes across the data set.  I hope this is helpful!

Mike

[email protected]