Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets hc-3 data set questions: 1) clusterID --> neuronID mapping and 2) sampling rate.

hc-3 data set questions: 1) clusterID --> neuronID mapping and 2) sampling rate.

Up to Using data sets

hc-3 data set questions: 1) clusterID --> neuronID mapping and 2) sampling rate.

Posted by Patrick Ebel at April 07. 2018

Hello,

thank you very much for this wonderful data set! I just started working with it and went through a couple of the well-written documentation files, however I still got a few questions left open:

1) Let's consider for example the data of ec012ec.11/ec012ec.188. The data is recorded with four probes, where each got 9-2, 11-2, 10-2, 4-2 spike-sorted clusters of neurons, respectively. This information is according to the four corresponding files ec012ec.188.clu.N, where N=1,2,3,4. According to crcns-hc3-session-cell-counts/sess-cells.csv

id topdir session CA1 CA3 DG EC2 EC3 EC4 EC5 ECq Unknown total
6 ec012ec.11 ec012ec.188 0 0 0 0 9 0 7 0 0 16

, i.e. a total of 16 different cells are identified via spike sorting for this recording session. What I seem to be missing here is the information of how these 16 cells relate to the 26 neuronal clusters. There are more clusters than cells, so which clusters denote the same cells?

2) The documentation crcns-hc3-processing-flowchart.pdf describes the .rest files as

.res files  (.res.1, res.2, res.3, res.4).  Time of each spike (time stamp, in 20kHZ or 32,552 hz sample rate).

Where can one find out whether the .res files of ec012ec.11/ec012ec.188 provide spike times at either 20kHzs or 32,552Hz?

These questions are probably answered somewhere in the well-documented data set. But after multiple reads through the files I still didn't catch an answer, so any further insights would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Re: hc-3 data set questions: 1) clusterID --> neuronID mapping and 2) sampling rate.

Posted by Duc Truong at August 05. 2020
(1) Each cluster captures some activities of some cells. Therefore, to get all activities of one cell, you should combine all activities of that cell from all clusters containing it.

(2) I identify this by looking at the first time stamp in res file. Here I assume that some cell will fire at the first sampled time point. 

Hope this help, and please correct me if I am wrong.