Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets Length of behavior files is shorter than the spike index (hc-3/ec013.15)

Length of behavior files is shorter than the spike index (hc-3/ec013.15)

Up to Using data sets

Length of behavior files is shorter than the spike index (hc-3/ec013.15)

Posted by Pablo Esteban Jercog at August 19. 2021

Hi to the kind person who can answer this message in the middle of the summer holidays.

I am trying to use the data from the repository hc-3/ec013.15. The number of video frames from the .whl file is 39985. The las index of some of the .res files is higher than 20.000.000. If I divide the last index of the .res by the sampling rate 20kHz it gives a reasonable length of a behavioral session of 17min, but the behavioral video is to short for this. I believe there is a problem here and I would need some help to verify if the sampling rate of the video is lower than the one from the electrophysiological recordings.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo.

Re: Length of behavior files is shorter than the spike index (hc-3/ec013.15)

Posted by Jeff Teeters at August 25. 2021

The .whl files are described in the document for the hc-2 dataset.

https://crcns.org/files/data/hc2/crcns-hc2-data-description.pdf

It says sampling rate of the video is 39.06 Hz.  So, I think the entries in the .whl file are also at this rate.  If that is right, the duration of the video from the .whl file would be: 39985 frames /  (39.06 frames/sec) / (60 seconds/min) =  17.06 minutes.  This seems to agree with the length of the session as determined from the .res file.

Re: Length of behavior files is shorter than the spike index (hc-3/ec013.15)

Posted by Pablo Esteban Jercog at August 26. 2021

Dear Jeff, 

you are absolutely right. I look at the frame rate on the original paper, but I didn't realize that for this recordings where different. As you said it is 1250/32 = 39.0625 Hz. It was my mistake.

Many thanks,

Pablo.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}