Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets Histological coodinates on fcx-1

Histological coodinates on fcx-1

Up to Using data sets

Histological coodinates on fcx-1

Posted by Moshe Alonso at September 14. 2023

Hello everyone

I have a research question related to the depth profile of delta oscillations. Is it possible to obtain information about the exact histological location of each shank in the dataset? (I've never analized a recording using silicon probes, so I dont know if we have to infer the location of each contact based on the shank point). The dataset provides limited details in this regard.

Many thanks

Re: Histological coodinates on fcx-1

Posted by Brendon O Watson at September 26. 2023

Sorry for the delay Moshe.  The website was down for some days.

What kind of coordinates are you interested in for this?  Absolute coordinates for every single contact relative to bregma may be impossible.  Some relative coordinates may be possible with some work, but we don't already know this.  

Posted by Moshe Alonso at October 04. 2023

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Relative coordinates would be helpful as well. If you have any available or can guide me on how to derive them, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Posted by Brendon O Watson at October 04. 2023

It may be quite difficult to be honest.  Can you explain more what you're trying to do?  I"m afraid this dataset might not be able to do some of what you hoped in terms of depth profiles that you mention at the start of this thread.  You're trying to analyze delta waves across mPFC cortical layers?  I think unfortunately much of this dataset didn't have enough bookkeeping to know all of that kind of info.

I'd mostly just rely on it for "neurons in this region of brain across brain states" and if you're looking for more anatomical precision, this old dataset might not be the best one.

Previously Moshe Alonso wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me. C

Relative coordinates would be helpful as well. If you have any available or can guide me on how to derive them, I would greatly appreciate it. C