Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets hc-11, match the .eeg data to probe geometry

hc-11, match the .eeg data to probe geometry

Up to Using data sets

hc-11, match the .eeg data to probe geometry

Posted by Lu Zhang at April 17. 2018

Hi, I'm trying to get into hc-11 data sets, some of the data were recorded by BZ64-6x10 probe.  I'm quite confused how I could match the eeg data to the Probe Channels.

file='Achilles_10252013\Achilles_10252013.eeg';
lfp = bz_LoadBinary(file,'frequency',1250,'start',0,'duration',10,'nChannels',134);

Thus, lfp is a Time*134 matrix. Each row is a channel. How the row in the matrix corresponds to the probe channel (NeuroNexus)?

When I load the .eeg data in neuroscope, for that file, Chan 60-63 (Neuroscope Chan) are the extra channels in the probe, corresponds to NeuroNexus Channel 36-39 (Should it be Intan Chan in the NRX_Buzsaki64_6X10.xlsx?).  However, in NRX_Buzsaki64_6X10.xlsx, it corresponds to Ch48-51 (Intan Chan).

The NRX_Buzsaki64_6X10.xlsx downloaded from Buzsaki Code in GitHub is attached.

Attachments

Re: hc-11, match the .eeg data to probe geometry

Posted by Lu Zhang at April 20. 2018

I might already figure out the mapping, but still wait for precisely comment from author. Firstly, it's not Intan but Amplipex. The channels in .eeg file has been already arranged from superficial to deep. More details is as following.

https://github.com/buzsakilab/buzcode/issues/182

Re: hc-11, match the .eeg data to probe geometry

Posted by Andres Grosmark at April 20. 2018
Hi, please refer to the 'HC-11_Dataset_Description.pdf' and 'HC-11_Channel_orders.pdf' files. Briefly, the channels were reordered post-hoc so that their numbering reflected the probe's physical layout (i.e. Achille's channels 1 to 10 correspond to the first to last channels of shank 1, channels 11 to 20 correspond to the first to last channels of shank 2, etc.). Hope this helps!
-Andres