Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Using data sets hc5 - issue loading eeg_1250Hz from four files

hc5 - issue loading eeg_1250Hz from four files

Up to Using data sets

hc5 - issue loading eeg_1250Hz from four files

Posted by Scott Cole at March 15. 2017

I'm analyzing the local field potential and spiking data in the hc5 data set using the matlab data files ending in 'eeg_1250Hz.mat'. However, in two of the sessions (08.001 and 15.002), the LFP is only available for one or two of the shanks (as opposed to the other files which has the LFP for all shanks that have units). Two additional sessions (08.004 and 15.001) don't have this file.

I'm trying to match up the spiking (by shank) in the files ending in '_BehavElectrData.mat' to the LFPs (one per shank) in the files mentioned above. In the instances I mentioned above in which the _eeg_1250Hz.mat files don't exist, how can I get the relevant LFPs?

I tried using the LoadBinary function from hc2 on the .eeg files, and I can get LFPs for all channels that way. But then I do not see any information on how they correspond to each cluster in '_BehavElectrData.mat'.

Thanks for any help on this.

Re: hc5 - issue loading eeg_1250Hz from four files

Posted by admin at March 21. 2017

Eva Pastalkova provided the following response via email:

We did not include eeg traces in some files because the files would be unbearably big. The way the user went about the issue is good. The info about the relationship between clusters and eeg channels is in the Clu structure inside of  '_BehavElectrData.mat'.

Hope this helps.